All fares are in US Dollars and include all tax. Canadian funds are accepted with exchange. Credit card transactions processed in Canada can be processed in Canadian or American funds.
If you have any questions or would like to make a commercial vehicle reservation, please contact your departure terminal:
Please Note: Commercial vehicle reservations can only be made over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- PAPS (Pre-Arrival Processing System) for arrivals in the USA or PARS (Pre-Arrival Review System) for arrivals into Canada: You must submit an e-manifest containing the details of your shipment of goods to Customs prior to arriving at your departure terminal. This can also be submitted through the Border Release and Selectivity System (BRASS) or the FAST-National Customs Automation Program (FAST-NCAP).
- Annual Inspection: Proof that an annual inspection of your commercial vehicle has been completed.
- Bill of Lading: A document listing the goods on board, where the goods are going, and to whom the goods will be delivered.
- MCS-90: An insurance document provided by an insurance company must be on board the vehicle at all times.
- U.S. DOT Number: All commercial vehicles are required to have this marking displayed on both sides of the vehicle.
- Personal Identification: All drivers must travel with a valid passport or enhanced driver's license. If you are not a US or Canadian citizen, you must complete an I-94 form, or present valid I-94 card.
Please send paperwork to Customs at least 2 hours prior to going through Customs. This may expedite your border crossing process. As a courtesy, personnel at your departure terminal can also send these documents to Customs electronically. Please ask personnel upon arrival at your departure terminal if you would like assistance. You must also present paperwork to a Customs agent upon arrival after disembarking the ship. You may be taken into a secondary inspection at the discretion of a Customs agent.
Commercial vehicles can only be reserved over the phone with a reservation agent. Please call your departure terminal to reserve vehicle space:
Please Note: Reservations by phone are highly recommended for commercial trucks. Multi-day advance notice increases availability of space. However, same day reservations are certainly possible and you are encouraged to call for availability. If reserved space is no longer available, staff can help you predict how early to arrive at the departure terminal in order to possibly claim a first-come, first serve space. Although not guaranteed, a limited amount of first come, first serve space is left open on sailings for non-reserved vehicles.
The M.V. Coho has a clearance of 14 feet and can accommodate a vehicle height of 13 feet, 10 inches.
Commercial vehicles over 9 feet wide are considered over-width and charged at 1.5 times the regular rate. If you have an over-width vehicle, please call your departure terminal with details about the nature of your over-width load.
Port Angeles Terminal
Please arrive at your departure terminal at least 60 minutes prior to the sailing time.
If you are hauling hazardous material/dangerous goods and need to confirm whether it can be transported with our ferry service, please call your departure terminal.
Port Angeles Terminal
For information on prohibited importations to Canada, please visit Canada Border Services Agency's website.
VISIT CBSA'S WEBSITE
For information on prohibited importations to the USA, please visit U.S. Customs and Border Protection's website.
VISIT CBP'S WEBSITE
We can accommodate vehicles up to the following:
a) 80,000 lbs. standard 5 axles tractor/trailer (36,287 kg)
b) 84,000 lbs. 6 or more axles (38,102 kg)
c) 105,500 lbs. if tandem trailer, 8 axles (47,854 kg)
Ferry fare can be paid by one of the following methods:
1. With a credit card upon arrival at your departure terminal.
2. With cash upon arrival at your departure terminal.
3. Direct billing.
Please Note: You must apply and be approved to use direct billing. Our accounting department will notify you once you are approved, and invoices are billed weekly. If you are interested in applying for direct billing, please fill out the form below and submit it by one of the following methods:
Black Ball Ferry Line
820 NE 45th Street, Suite 3
Seattle, WA 98105
Please scroll to the top of the page to download the application form under the section "Apply For Direct Billing".